TITLE: Preliminary and final study for the landfill in the area of Bijelina, Bosnia – Herzegovina
CLIENT: EKO-DEP / World Bank
DURATION: 8/2007 - 8/2008
The project is funded by the World Bank and implemented by the Joint Venture «EPEM SA - HIDROZAVOD DTD ». The study included:
- Site work. Illustration of the land, drilling, calculation of solid waste quantities that will be driven to the landfill etc.
- Preliminary landfill design study
- Suggested methods for solid waste treatment in the area
- Rehabilitation study of the existing uncontrolled landfill
- Proposals for the siting and operation of transfer stations
- Environmental impact assessment study
- Preliminary cost benefit analysis for the landfill
- Final landfill study
- Final cost benefit analysis for the landfill
- Operation manual for the landfill
The regional World Bank office appraised the project for the outstanding landfill design and the development of the “Landfill operation handbook”.